New at Ag Alumni Seed
Periodically we’ll be posting updates here on what’s happening at Ag Alumni Seed. Watch this space!
Hi from Romney, Indiana!
We are pleased to announce that Purdue's Controlled Environment Phenotyping Facility is up and running! It is important for us because of value that root architecture research of will bring to Purdue's College of Agriculture and us at Ag Alumni Seed. It is so important, we feel, that we donated the funds for the $900,000 computed tomography root scanner within the facility. You can read all about it here!
Our research team is planting eed for trials so that we can continue to deliver data from several locations; making sure you get the seed that performs the best in your growing area. The data we collected from the 2017 growing season is here.
Shorty is getting some soybeans planted before the rains arrive later this week.
Erection of our cold storage extension has begun and will be complete in time to store our 2018 crop.
Our popcorn seed is being custom treated and bagged and preparing to ship out.
In addition to your favorites we have several newer hybrids:
- AP2505 – Early, very high yielding and mid-level expansion.
- AP4511 – A mid-season, very high yielding hybrid with large kernel and good expansion. A great all-purpose hybrid.
- AP6005 – A full season large kernel hybrid with high yields and mid-level expansion.
- AP4512 – A midseason hybrid with high expansion and tender, delicious flakes.
- AP6010M – A full season, very high yielding mushroom with a high percentage of ball type flakes.
We also have testing quantities of three brand new hybrids for you to look at:
- AP2508 – Large kernel AP2504 type hybrid with improved expansion of 2cc/g on average.
- AP4001 – An early/mid-season hybrid with high yield, good plant health and strong stalk qualities.
- AP8204 – A new AP8202 type hybrid. Data shows an average of 10% higher yield and 1 point higher expansion.
Call, email or text Aaron for test quantities or your seed order today!